Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Mixed Fish Soup!



I was determined to try a new Sheepshead fish soup recipe so that was my prime target today. The visibility ranged from 10-30 feet with fantastic conditions diving from 11-2pm. 
Inside 15-25 ft the visibility was top to bottom no problem. 
Outer 40ft-45ft depth vis worsened and the kelp super thick.

Really nice dive!!!!!!



Ended up bagging: with plans to cook in parentheses
5 sheepshead (soup/ceviche)
5 Sargo (fried/baked)
1 Kelpfish (panfried)
1 Cabezon (steamed whole)
2 Octopi (tenderized and put into soup)


I need some help cutting onions so I was hoping someone would know: It doesn't matter if I wear glasses, ski goggles, or no glasses, my eyes water uncontrollably when cooking onions, even when I light a candle next to the cutting board. Does anybody have any tips... Just drink more wine??

(Yes I know it's ridiculous!)













No comments: